problem with my 2014 B-250E

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannyvegas

I love this car. Recently it started causing thumping during slow drive, mostly reversing. Felt like it's driving over multiple bumps. I took it to the Mercedes dealer in Bethesda. They said the fix was to install a new motor for $17,000 which I obviously declined. They said something about "no faults for insulation inside motor". That's Greek to me. They said the car could break down in 2 weeks or 2 years. BTW ,since the inspection it stopped doing the thumping. I do get an ominous warning on my car screen. Anyone familiar with this issue? Anyone know an independent car shop in DC area that knows how to deal with this car? Thanks

I love this car. Recently it started causing thumping during slow drive, mostly reversing. Felt like it's driving over multiple bumps. I took it to the Mercedes dealer in Bethesda. They said the fix was to install a new motor for $17,000 which I obviously declined. They said something about "no faults for insulation inside motor". That's Greek to me. They said the car could break down in 2 weeks or 2 years. BTW ,since the inspection it stopped doing the thumping. I do get an ominous warning on my car screen. Anyone familiar with this issue? Anyone know an independent car shop in DC area that knows how to deal with this car? Thanks
Hey, did you get this fixed? I faced something similar. It’s wild they quoted you $17,000 for a new motor. I’d definitely get a second opinion from an independent shop, you cancheck Yelp for some good mechanics in the DC area.

Back