Has anyone else tried DIY maintenance for Mercedes B-Class?

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomCruise007

Has anyone else tackled this yearly maintenance themselves? A dealer quoted me $350 for the service, but the part alone is only $45. Our 2015 B-Class is out of warranty now, with 60,000 miles on the clock, so no more complimentary services. I heard it’s a super quick 10-minute job that doesn’t even need the car lifted, as long as you have or can make a special tool. I went back and forth about doing it myself, but my biggest concern is handling the high voltage safely. Anyone have experience or tips on this?

Has anyone else tackled this yearly maintenance themselves? A dealer quoted me $350 for the service, but the part alone is only $45. Our 2015 B-Class is out of warranty now, with 60,000 miles on the clock, so no more complimentary services. I heard it’s a super quick 10-minute job that doesn’t even need the car lifted, as long as you have or can make a special tool. I went back and forth about doing it myself, but my biggest concern is handling the high voltage safely. Anyone have experience or tips on this?
I haven’t tried it myself, but $350 does seem high for a quick job. If you’re comfortable with the high voltage, you can try tackling it but make sure you have the right tool for safety.

Back