Error message on my B-Class

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwenmaui

I just got this error message "Service Required, do not change gears, visit the dealer" appear on my dash. Called my dealer and they said they'll look at it first to know the issue. Anyone here have a similar issue?

It looks pretty much like your car needs urgent attention, it's good that you’ve already contacted your dealer, it is best to let them check it out as soon as possible. Do update us on what they say.

NE Portland:

Alex Bessinger
WattWorks
8750 NE Emerson St.
Portland, OR, 97220
+1 (971)-444-5064
[email protected]

He is an extremely experienced RAV4 EV and MB B250e tech, and has kindly put many vids on YT about various issues with them. He repairs and rebuilds the LDUs (Drive Units) on these weekly, and has at least one vid on a complete teardown/rebuild on YT. Typical repairs on the LDU run $4-10k -- the rustier yours is inside, the more expensive the repair, as if you let them go long enough, the stator windings gets soaked and the HV isolation resistance cannot be easily restored. There's ReVolt in Arizona that says they can do it, but add $$$ to the repair.

Also, the original QC Charge near San Diego, now owned and run by Jacob Shellnutt:

Konduit Ev
1315 Hotspring way, Suite 102
Vista California
(760) 798 0342

That shop also pioneered repairs on the RAV4 EV and B250e

Back